Hairstyles that Go from Wintery Weather to Indoors in Minutes
November 1 2019
The winter months can wreak havoc on your hair, especially on those cold days when you need to wear a hat. Transitioning between indoors and outdoors can be easy with a few simple tips and hairstyle ideas from your professional stylists at Village Salon & Spa.
- Loose, flowing waves. Loose waves provide just the right amount of texture to look great under a winter hat. Indoors, a quick run-through with fingers or a loose comb and you’re set for the office or a fun get-together with friends.?
- The low ponytail. A ponytail low on the neck is the perfect way to keep things neat and together up top with a nice flow down the back outdoors under a hat. A careful removal once inside ensures that everything holds together for a stylish casual style.
- Braids. When winter winds are blowing, give your hair the advantage by holding them together with braids. Choose a lose single braid down the back or double French braids, one on each side, for a style that holds together and looks great indoors and out.
- The low side bun. Buns are a great style for the professional world, formal occasions, or as a casual look. Keeping it low makes a bun work with a winter hat. Carefully remove it indoors and you have a style that’s ready for work or play.
- Spirals. Spiral curls look fabulous coming out from under that winter hat. Stepping indoors and out of the hat, you’ll show off that gorgeous bounce and amazing volume. Get spiral curls by visiting your stylist and ask for the best ways to maintain the look in any weather.
- The sleek, straight look. Silky-straight hair looks amazing under a hat, and hair treated with a keratin smoothing treatment looks soft and keeps its shape when you come indoors.
Now that you have the perfect winter weather style, keep it looking great with a few tips from the Village Salon pros:
Condition. A deep conditioner is a must in the winter. Dry heat from indoor heaters can reduce moisture in your hair, so regular hydrating deep conditioning treatments are required to help keep your hair soft and gorgeous. Well-conditioned hair reflects light better, helping colors look more vibrant and giving it that natural, healthy-looking shine.
Anti-static products. Dryer air also brings static electricity, which can make your style look unruly, especially after removing a winter hat. Ask your stylist to recommend products that remove static to help keep your style looking great all season.
Regular trims. Split ends cause hair to break, leaving it looking dry and promoting frizz. That’s why regular trims are so important all year long, to keep the split ends away and keep your hair looking its best.
To keep your hair looking great all winter long, make an appointment today at Village Salon & Spa. Our professional stylists will give you the best advice to keep your hair soft and smooth throughout the winter season. You can find us in The Villages of Five Points at 17314 North Village Main Blvd., in Lewes, DE, or call us at 302-644-4247 to schedule your appointment.