Holiday Party Hairstyles Everyone Will Envy
December 1 2020
This year has been a challenge, but that means we’re even more ready to celebrate the holidays – and it’s that time once again! The holiday season is here, and though some of your celebrations may not look like last year’s, you still want to look your best. Whether you’re gathering on Zoom with friends and family or enjoying a physically distanced in-person party, the right look is important. There are plenty of fun holiday hairstyles trending this year, and we’ve put together this list with a few of our favorites so you can get inspired and try something new this year and be the envy of everyone at your holiday parties!
Long hair. If your hair is longer than shoulder-length, you need a style that really shows off your long, flowing locks. We’re seeing a big demand for updos and half-up styles this year, especially with all the face mask wearing, since it’s nice to have your hair up and away from your face when wearing a mask. But long, loose styles are also popular, with a few added bits of bling for your holiday parties.
- Braided low bun updo. This is a super romantic look for your holiday parties that’s easiest to pull off with long hair because that makes for long braids to use as the structure. It starts with braids along the crown that flow toward the back and blend in with a messy, low braided bun about at the neckline. Once in place, this style holds up great at parties and looks perfect with all your holiday outfits.
- Twisted half-up. This style takes the hair away from your face but still lets you show off those long, gorgeous locks! Starting with the front of your hair, take a half-ponytail’s worth of hair and twist it toward the back, doing the same thing on the other side. Hold them together in a hair tie and clip into place if needed, then use a barrette or other accessory that matches your outfit to add a little holiday cheer.
- Big volume waves. If you’re wearing your hair fully down, add extra waves to your style with a few random turns of the curling iron. Go both ways for more dimension and to get more volume, then keep them in place with a professional spray product or curl mousse. Already have thick hair with plenty of curl? Show it off well for the holidays with extra conditioning from a professional conditioning treatment and a special prescription of moisturizing products recommended by your Village Salon stylist. When hair is properly hydrated, it makes curls more defined and significantly reduces the frizz.
Short to medium hair. There are plenty of great hairstyles for hair that’s shoulder length or shorter, and we’re seeing a lot of demand for shorter styles this season. Whether you like things smooth or curly, you’ll find something perfect in this year’s holiday styles.
- Bobs. The chin-length bob is always a go-to style, but for the holidays you can spruce it up even more to better match your style. If you like the chic, sophisticated look, go with a slicked-back style or a shimmering flat-iron style. You can even do a half-up with a bob, getting the hair away from your face and up into a small braid, ponytail, or bun. Waves and curls also work with a bob cut and look fantastic, and you can add a barrette with plenty of holiday bling for a fun twist on this classic style.
- Layered waves. The layered style looks fabulous with shoulder-length hair, giving you that messy, romantic style without excessive length. Layers give you plenty of volume to your style for a fun holiday look, so be sure to ask your Village Salon stylist for a professional layered cut.
- Pixies. Pixies are a super short, super cute style that’s so easy to care for that you’ll love it! For a holiday look, go with plenty of layers and a few festive accessories that match your outfit, and you’ve got a fabulous style for any holiday occasion. Pixies can be personalized to your style by going with a messy, tousled look or slicking things perfectly into place for a modern, sophisticated look.
Not sure what look you’d like for your holiday parties? Let our expert stylists create the perfect look for you! We’ll assess your hair’s length and texture, your facial features, and your personality to help you choose just the right style to make the real you shine through for all your holiday celebrations!
Make an appointment today at Village Salon & Spa for your perfect holiday hairstyle and be the envy of all your friends, family, and coworkers! Call us today at 302-644-4247 to schedule your appointment. You can find us in The Villages of Five Points center at 17314 North Village Main Blvd., in Lewes, DE. To schedule your appointment right from your mobile device, try our free mobile app, available on iTunes or Google Play.