Hot NEW Hair Trends This Summer
May 1 2022
The warm days of summer are just ahead – with plenty of time for fun in the sun. Whether you’re enjoying the beach, relaxing by the pool, or even just spending time shopping or hanging out with friends, you’ll want your hair to look incredible! Here at Village Salon & Spa, we’re seeing tons of new top hair trends that will help you look and feel your best all summer long!
Hair Color. What better way to show off your new summer style than with fabulous new hair color! Check out these trends for some warm weather inspiration for your new look.
- Bright blonde with extra-dark roots. Summer is the season to go for that bombshell blonde look, and this on-trend color combines shimmering bright blonde with high-contrast ultra-dark roots for the perfect summer look.
- Denim blue. What a gorgeous shade this is, and it’s a perfect time to go with this color with all the denim we’re seeing in spring and summer fashions. Nervous about going all blue? You can also get the look with stylish blue tips for a hint of color that looks fantastic against a deep, dark base color.
- High-dimension highlights. Why wait for the sun to do the work to give you that natural-looking sun-kissed look? Now is the perfect time to try some delicate balayage highlights that add depth and dimension to your color.
- Coral reef red. Want a bright statement color for your summer fun? This bright, bold color is a shade between orange and red – a fantastic choice for summer that will really get you noticed.
- Deep, rich brunette. Summer hair color trends aren’t always about going lighter. If you love a deep, rich shade of brown or black, you’ll be glad to know that your favorite dark color is also trending high this season.
Haircuts. In addition to color, the haircut sets the pacing for your summer style. We’re seeing a lot of variety in the hottest summer haircut trends, from easy-care short styles to long, sexy layers.
- Classic blunt bob. This season, we’re getting back to the classics for the hottest style in bob cuts – the classic blunt cut with crisp, blunt ends. It looks just as great on the beach as it does at a formal event, so you’ll be on-trend everywhere you go!
- Bottleneck bangs. Sometimes it’s the little things that make a difference, and it’s no different for your hairstyle. Adding bottleneck bangs to your style will add that soft, romantic flair to just about any style. Bottleneck bangs are all about the shorter middle and longer sides, with lots of wispy layers for just the right movement.
- 80s glam layers. The Hollywood glam is back with this gorgeous style – reminiscent of the glamor of the 80s, this blown-out look with plenty of layers and long, sexy waves are the perfect look for summer 2022.
- Choppy layers. Just about any length cut can look extraordinary by adding some choppy layers for added volume, texture, and dimension. Try it on a mid-length cut to give you more volume or a longer style to show off your natural texture.
- Chic, neat pixie. Love a shortcut for the ease of style? A neat, trim pixie cut is perfect for keeping cool in the summer. What’s even better is how well it goes with any outfit, whether in the office, on the beach, or at a formal outdoor wedding.
Style. Once you’ve chosen your color and cut, it’s all about the style to make it your own! Try some of these looks for an on-trend style this summer.
- Fishtail braids. With incredible texture, fishtail braids are having a moment this season. Fishtails add a stunning look to any outfit with their side-swept look and interesting texture. Pair it with your favorite hair accessories to really make your own statement.
- Space buns. Those cute double-buns you’re seeing everywhere - yes, they’re definitely trending high this season. And why not? They’re stylish, fun, and get your hair up to help you keep cool in the summer heat.
- Accessories. Accessories like hair ties, ribbons, scarves, and more really add a pop of color as well as style to any look. This summer, ask your Village Salon & Spa stylist to help show you how to get the most out of your accessories so they’ll look great while really making home styling easier between salon visits!
Get in on the hottest hair trends for summer with some help from your expert stylist and colorist at Village Salon & Spa. Make an appointment today and let our experienced professionals help you find the perfect look for your individual style! Call us at 302-644-4247 to schedule your hairstyling, haircut, or hair color appointment. You can find us in The Villages of Five Points center at 17314 North Village Main Blvd., in Lewes, DE.